Not In The Clinic Anymore

Last night after waiting a week following my call back invitation, I got the details.  Not at all what I was expecting.  The call backs were to be last week and casting decided by Monday.  After Monday, I was becoming a bit concerned.  At this point, I was more curious about the filming then having a part or not.  We had attempted to film The Clinic a year or so ago, but that fell through.  So I emailed the writer of the play to see if he knew anything in his consulting role.

After returning from work last night, I opened up an email titled “Call backs.”  However, this was not for the film I was expecting.  The call backs are now on September 25 (the date we were to begin filming the short film).  The new film sounds like an original feature length film.  I was given a few scenes to memorize and familiarize myself with for the callback.

Not only that but underneath was instructions that all but a working title “Family Movie” was to remain mum.  I do know this much, if I successfully progress beyond the callback, I can expect a lengthy shooting schedule… months in fact.  Plus, a contracted, paid role!  Trying not to think that far ahead.

I am a bit excited.  I have read the scenes for which I will asked to read from and I think they look really good.  The fact that I received this news on September 15 has not been lost on me.  This is the third opportunity I have been presented (a job at Disney World, moving to a large city, and now…).  I think it is more than coincidence and I am at least going in and do my best…. but of course I will.  I would expect nothing less of myself and neither would any of my fellow tangenteers or readers who comment sporadically.  One step at a time.

Be Sociable, Share!

7 Comments »

1. taylhis Said:

on September 16, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Here’s to hoping that it ends up how you would like!
    And if you’d ever like to try something new, our church could always use your acting talents – there are new roles to tackle every week! Performing for kids while educating and guiding them is EXTREMELY rewarding!!!

2. jamiahsh Said:

on September 16, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Yes, It would be VERY rewarding 😀 It will end how it ends (but, you know…). You’ll read it here first.

3. derek Said:

on September 18, 2010 at 12:19 am

Still waiting on my own profession callbacks, but nothing as exciting as yours even if they do happen. 🙂

In the meantime an area Christian group has posted auditions for a nice holiday show. Unfortunately callbacks fall during our tech week so I will have to see what they say about it if I try out.

4. jamiahsh Said:

on September 18, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Derek, I (of course… the obvious response would be “I am not you”) would definitely try out for the holiday show. Even playing the evil Mr. Potter last year, It’s a Wonderful Life was a great way to welcome in the season. I had never done a holiday show before (other than school programs) Plus, I’m sure you would notify the group doing the show of your callback dilemma and I would think they would take that into consideration.

Last night, I jokingly referred to the first line I would not cross theatrically: Evil Dead: the Musical. I’m sure there are others but that is the first opportunity that I absolutely said “no” to. See… I can say it.

5. derek Said:

on September 18, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I just sent an email to the group and am awaiting their reply. I was just about to ask you how you knew which holiday show I was talking about, but then I remembered that you were in the show, as you reminded me. Interesting- they want someone age 60-85 for Mr. Potter. Not that it says anything about you of course. 😉

Another group is doing The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus, but I can find no audition information on their website. Maybe they just haven’t scheduled them yet, but they do consider themselves a professional group I think so auditions may be closed.

6. jamiahsh Said:

on September 18, 2010 at 9:21 pm

They had older folks try out who filled other roles. None that could act as evil as I… apparently. Wonderful Life was a blast! It’s good to act evil 👿

7. derek Said: