Definitely The Best Part Of Opening Day

at Wrigley Field, anyway.  For Cubs fans the game was not the greatest eve the best of the season to date, and for me anyway there was a pretty cool piece of pre-game entertainment featured on WGN News.  The song may be familiar but the delivery is awesome.  An obvious plug for their new album which drops tomorrow:  SNC With a Twist.  The video was not available on youtube so you have to follow the linkage to the site.  Of course, you can check out other videos as well.  So, when will they be performing at a Yankee game?  It seems only fair.

IMMEDIATE RETRACTION:

OR AS SOON AS I GOT THE COMMENT.  Doesn’t happen often, but I must apologize to taylhis and all the Cubs fans out there.  I dunno what possessed me to think that the game was the first played at Wrigley last week when I knew perfectly well that it was played at Turner Field in Atlanta.  I will take full responsibility if the Cubbies are defeated by the Brewers today and will accept the wrath of said fans.  I know not what I do.

Be Sociable, Share!

10 Comments »

1. taylhis Said:

on April 12, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Um, ahem… the game has not been played yet!!! So who cares about the pre-game entertainment?
    I personally like Jason Mraz’s version much better, and that reminds me, it was on Sesame Street again today – so cute, I’ll have to make a blog about it.
    But shame on you for the misreprestation of opening day at Wrigley – think you were referring to last week’s game; the season opener at Atlanta, not the home opener at Wrigley. If the Cubs lose today, I will blame you for cursing them 😉 So go ahead, take SNC for the Yankees…

2. jamiahsh Said:

on April 12, 2010 at 1:51 pm

OUCH! Retraction humbly submitted. I can only claim a momentary brain lapse. Never upset a Cub fan intentionally or otherwise.

3. jamiahsh Said:

on April 12, 2010 at 2:01 pm

I would not want to jinx my teams Home Opener (tomorrow) by making such a goof about someone else’s team.

4. taylhis Said:

on April 12, 2010 at 4:21 pm

You are forgiven – providing you change the absurd title of this blog post of course! 😉

The best part of opening day is the Cubs WINNING!!!
    No offense, but the a capella group does not even come close!!

5. jamiahsh Said:

on April 12, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Had to do a bit of cleaning up of the post to correct a few things. Hopefully, tomorrow’s opening at the Bronx has a similar result.

6. derek Said:

on April 13, 2010 at 9:19 am

I’m not sure what I can add to the comments area here, but I would say the banter between jamiahsh and taylhis is at least as entertaining a read as the post itself. I’ll probably listen to the song later- I don’t have much time right now unfortunately.

7. derek Said:

on April 13, 2010 at 9:20 am

Not to offend or anything- see? Here are the smilies I forgot on the post. 😀 🙂

8. taylhis Said:

on April 13, 2010 at 9:33 am

Ok, I didn’t want to nit-pick since it’s not my blog, but since Derek was so encouraging with his comment about our banter being entertaining…
    By changing the title to “Definitely the best part of opening day” you meant the Cubs playing great baseball and winning, right? Or did you mean the a capella group?
    😉

9. jamiahsh Said:

on April 13, 2010 at 10:55 am

taylhis… I have to concede that the victory was indeed better… given that I watched the whole thing and was cheering for you… even more than hoping they would win or face the wrath. 😉

10. justj Said: