The Beginning of Another Super Weekend

This weekend is turning out to be another super fun one that started Saturday.  I watched the double episodes of The Office from Thursday night (don’t remember what I was doing when they were on at their scheduled time, but no spoilers since I’m not sure if my faithful readers caught them both).  The, I went across the street to watch the nieces and nephew in the Easter Egg hunt.  I attempted to convince my sister to take them to the theatre’s hunt, but apparently, she wanted to partake in the adult hunt.  I have yet to participate with the big kids because I really do not relish the chance to get trampled… or like my older brother fall down and lose the eggs that he had picked up.  I thought about it this year, but before the time came, I was invited to go to the zoo.

I had not been to the Toledo Zoo for sometime.  The last time I remember, I was on a field trip with an acting class from BGSU. We went to observe and study the animals and then use some of their mannerisms in order to develop a character.  Yesterday, I really enjoyed the hippos who were in their pens awaiting feeding time.  Quite humorous to see the hungry beasts open their gaping mouths, roll around in their pools of water, and finally leave their calling card after they had finished.

I also really loved the sloth bear.  There were two… one was much more animated than his companion.  He was very social and came up to the transparent barrier, sniffing at people, car keys, ballcaps, and just about anything e could find.  The other bear just reclined in the hammock, seemingly to say… “HAHA!  I know how to live!  I don’t have to make a spectacle of myself!”

After the zoo, we went to a small diner where I indulged in a Nickburger: a full-pound of ground sirloin with lettuce, onion, tomato, and pickle (YUCK! pickle).  I was really hungry… so I was not surprised that I ate the whole thing.  The fries were a different story.

This morning at mass, I again sang with the choir.  The opening song was well-known to me but apparently, someone (without informing me) had the idea to transpose the hymn down at least two flats.  Nothing I could not handle and I discovered that a low A is starting to come along.  After mass, the Easter Bunny had stopped by the church as each member of the choir received a REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER EGG (ahhhhhh!!!!!! HEAVEN).

Then, the family (all fourteen of us) went to Ritzy’s (or is it Rita’s… sorry Derek) for a buffet.  My friend’s generally comment on the behavior of their four little ones at restaurants.  I guess I should point out that most of the 7 nieces and nephews are beyond the age of running around and dropping food on the floor; however, nothing compares to a three-year old who announces to the whole banquet room that “I HAVE TO GO POTTY!”  Not embarrassing at all, I found the announcement rather humorous.  Later, the same little angel wanted a kiss from grandma.  Yet, if you saw the little girls face covered with butter, some mashed potato, and I think some strawberry pie glaze, I’m sure you would have second thughts.  I believe that I must have still  been recovering from my battle with the Nickburger, because I did not eat too  much.  Or maybe, I knew that we will be having a birthday celebration later this evening.

Did you know that certain fans of marshmallow peeps put the concoction on everything including pizza.  They also microwave them.  Of course, peeps aren’t just for Easter anymore.

Be Sociable, Share!

13 Comments »

1. taylhis Said:

on April 12, 2009 at 1:23 pm

Driving by Rita’s today I noticed that they looked crowded for their Easter buffet. Happy Easter!

2. derek Said:

on April 12, 2009 at 7:37 pm

Not as crowded I would wager (if I did such things) the hotel near the turnpike probably was!

Ugh- I don’t think I could eat a full pound of ground beef on a burger in one sitting.

Happy Resurrection Day/Easter!

3. jamiahsh Said:

on April 12, 2009 at 7:59 pm

Thankfully, we had reservations at the location in E-town but yes, it was getting pretty crowded when we arrived about noon. Happy Easter to you all, as well!

4. derek Said:

on April 12, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Just found this link. Could you eat *this* burger?

Whitecaps’ Fifth Third Burger not for faint of heart

5. jamiahsh Said:

on April 12, 2009 at 10:02 pm

that would be silly… although… I would need some help with that one

6. taylhis Said:

on April 12, 2009 at 10:16 pm

WOW! Funny… isn’t fifth third field where the Mudhens play in Toledo? I’ve been to many a triple A, double A, heck, single A – minor league baseball is just not the same!
    But it still is awesome to be out under the stars, eating hot dogs, nachos, and peanuts while listening to the crack of the bat on the ball and the slap of the ball in the glove – it’s BASEBALL!!!

7. jamiahsh Said:

on April 12, 2009 at 10:46 pm

AAAHHHH… NICE! If I had not been so amazed by the size of the burger, I might have noticed that.

8. derek Said:

on April 13, 2009 at 3:37 pm

You know that Fifth/Third is a bank, right? They must have purchased naming rights for that field, like “Allstate Arena” or “U.S. Cellular Field” around here.

9. jamiahsh Said:

on April 13, 2009 at 3:48 pm

yep… the Mudhens field was named 5/3 Field a few years back.

10. taylhis Said:

on April 13, 2009 at 5:32 pm

I know Fifth Third is a bank – there’s a few around here. So the Mudhens stadium is not called that anymore?

11. derek Said:

on April 15, 2009 at 10:20 pm

I didn’t add this to my blog entry tonight, but as a fellow choir singer I thought you might be interested in a video on my church’s website. They apparently decided to post a video of one of the songs. Enjoy!

Morning Like This choir video

12. jamiahsh Said:

on April 15, 2009 at 10:35 pm

nice video! thanks for sharing. looks like another big comment receiving post.

13. derek Said:

on April 15, 2009 at 10:37 pm

If my blog only had the charisma of yours… 😉

{ RSS feed for comments on this post} · { TrackBack URI }